Hello and welcome to Spack Craft Fabric’s first Sew-Along! (If this post is exclamation mark heavy, it’s because I am sew excited! 😊 )
The Seasonal Sew-Along is designed to be very “choose your own adventure”. While I personally celebrate our family’s version of Hallowe’en and Christmas, I am aware that not everyone does! Any project that is associated with a Holiday of your choice will be accepted as a valid entry for the prize draw.
Let’s have some fun and earn a chance to win some fabric as well! Earn draw entries by sharing your plans, works in progress (WIP’s) and your finished objects (FO’s)!
From July 19th (today) – August 31st, share your plans, WIP’s, and FO’s for a chance to win a $35 e-gift certificate to the shop or your 8pc Fat Quarter bundle of choice. Why not get rewarded for something you were going to sew anyway! 😊
Sometimes it’s easier to finish a project when you have friends cheering you on! There will be up to 3 additional $5 e-gift certificate prizes awarded to those who comment and cheer on others as they Sew-Along! These prizes will be awarded at random from the pool of positive commenters at the end of the contest. So cheer on your friends and friendly competitor’s!
Sharing methods that will be accepted as entries: e-mailed entries to email@example.com , projects shared on Instagram with the tag #scfseasonal and @spackcraftfabric, and projects shared on our Facebook page in the comments on the contest post. See below for all the details.
Don’t have seasonal fabric to work with? Have no fear! You can order now and receive your fabric fast! All orders $35 or more will be upgraded automagically to courier shipment for speedy delivery (Excluding addresses with PO Boxes as only Canada Post can deliver to those).
Want to save a little on your seasonal sewing projects? All seasonal prints will be 20% off using coupon code SEASONAL between July 15th- 31st – no minimum purchase, multi-use coupon.
Timeframe: July 19th – August 31st (11:59pm ET)
Prize: $35 e-gift certificate to the shop or your 8pc Fat Quarter bundle of choice.
Please ensure you have the shop’s e-mail address in your safe senders list as the automated message from the shop with your prize may get sent to spam otherwise.
This contest is open to Spack Craft Fabric Brand Ambassador’s – they don’t receive any additional entries, however if a SCF Brand Ambassador wins, there will be a surprise bonus draw!
How to Enter:
There are three ways to enter on three platforms. Each entry itself will only be counted once (ie: you can share the same photo on all three, but it will only count once for the contest)
E-mail Submissions: E-mail your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org (all e-mailed entries may be shared on our social media platforms)
Instagram Submissions: Submit your entry on Instagram by including the tag #scfseasonal and @spackcraftfabric on your feed post.
- Please note - Both tags must be used for the entry to count (otherwise I can’t find the entries!).
- Stories are lovely, but as they are temporary, they will not count for submissions either.
- If your Instagram account settings will not allow public viewing, please consider using e-mail submission or our Facebook page instead.
Facebook Submissions: Share your project in the comment section on the Contest Post on Facebook. Projects shared on other posts are lovely, but only the ones shared on the contest post will count.
If you win on your Instagram or Facebook entry – the shop will contact you for your name on file with the store (if its not clear from your user name) to send the e-gift certificate. We will not ask you for any other information or ask you to follow a link of any kind.
This contest is not associated with Facebook or Instagram in any way.
How to earn Draw Entries:
- While the intention is to feature fabric that the shop sells, we understand that projects can combine pieces from many sources. The project should include at least 50% of materials purchased from Spack Craft Fabric.
- The prints used do not have to be seasonal, however the use of them should be. For example: a gift made for a holiday would count as well even if it was in a non-seasonal print (in this case, the caption should explain what holiday it’s for)
Plans: The planning stage of a project can be just as important as sewing it! Earn one draw entry by sharing your seasonal project plans on one of the three platforms. The plans must include at least one print that we carry in the shop with a photo.
WIP: Work in progress pictures can be a fun way of sharing your progress on a particular project. Earn two draw entries by sharing your seasonal project work in progress picture on one of the three platforms. (You may earn draw entries on the same WIP up to 3 times as long as it’s a different stage of completion)
FO: The goal of all projects, to be finished! Earn three draw entries for sharing a photo of your finished object on one of the three platforms.
The maximum number of draw entries per project is 10. Plans (1) + WIP (up to 6) + FO (3)
While the maximum number of draw entries per project is capped at 10, multiple project entries are welcomed! Let’s sew ALL of the (seasonal) things! 😊
Multiple entries are allowed, however identical entries will only be counted once. A single project can be entered several times depending on the type of submission.
- Say I am planning to make some stockings for my Quality Control Schnauzers out of the Santa Paws collection. I could share a picture of the print I intend to feature and a caption about how I am going to reduce the size on a favourite stocking pattern I use to create for my girls. (That would be one draw entry for sharing my plans) In this case, I may have chosen to sew 2 stockings, but as they are part of the same project, I have grouped them together.
- I could then take a picture of my WIP’s and share them for another 2 draw entries. I might include a caption about the stage of the project and any difficulties or triumphs I may have encountered along the way. I could do this a few times if I had something additional I wanted to feature or chat about.
- When I have completed my project, I could share the finished “ta-da” picture and earn another 3 entries for my FO.
I hope that everyone will enjoy our first official Sew-Along and get a head start on their seasonal sewing plans at the same time! I am truly looking forward to seeing what you guys make!
If you have any questions, please e-mail the shop and we would be happy to help!
As always, happy sewing!