Northcott - The Journey Home - DP4800-54 (Panel 26.5 x 21", 2 panels across WOF)
- Collection: The Journey Home
- Designer: Karen Erickson
- Manufacturer: Northcott
- Material: 100% Cotton
- Weight: Quilting
- Width: 44"/45"
In light of the recent traumatic events that have unfolded at former Residential Schools across Canada, Karen Erickson created 'Every Child Matters' out of reverence to those grieving. This painting depicts two siblings who were finally set free after being grimly discovered at a Residential School.
The children who are shown holding hands were torn apart from each other, but now reunited as they make their way back home. Karen included beautiful imagery such as a moon and feathers to represent the First Nations, Inuit and Metis people joining together to guide the two siblings home.
The manufacturer will be donating 100% of the net proceeds from the sales of the panel from 'The Journey Home' will be donated to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society and the Orange Shirt Society. For more information on these charities, please visit www.irsss.ca and www.orangeshirtday.org
This listing is for a panel 26.5" x 21" in size. There are two panels across the width of fabric
1 = 1 x 2 panels (26.5")
2 = 2 x 2 panels (53")
All efforts are made to take representative photos, but please be aware that colours can vary from monitor to monitor.
Shipping, Local Delivery and Pick-Up Options
New: We have added $16 Flat rate shipping to US addresses on orders of $75 dollars or more.
Shipping is available and is fulfilled by Canada Post. Shipping will be automatically calculated at checkout by weight.
We understand Canada Post isn't cheap! We have a few other options to get your fabric either cheaper or faster.
Local Delivery (Free for all orders over $25, $5 for all orders under $25)
- Available to the Greater Hamilton Area including Ancaster, Binbrook, and Stoney Creek. If you are looking for local delivery in the GHA or surrounding area and don't see the option, please contact us and we may be able to add you in!
- Delivery orders placed by noon the day before will qualify for same week delivery.
- Delivery days are Monday* and Friday every week (additional delivery dates may be added at our discretion, *Stat Mondays will deliver on the Tuesday of the same week)
- You will be contacted the evening before (via e-mail) with an approximate delivery window and for confirmation.
- All deliveries are being made at the front door, if you live in an apartment building an appointment will be made for a specific time to meet curbside.
Curbside Pick-up (Free)
- Available in Binbrook, ON.
- Please note that this is a residential address and appointments are necessary for pick-up.
- You will be e-mailed when your order is ready and to schedule your pick-up appointment. (Typically within 24 hours)
- If you are looking for a specific pick-up time in advance, feel free to contact us and see if we can accommodate!
Flat Rate Delivery on Qualifying Orders (includes tracking and insurance)
- Orders of $75 or more will ship for $10 Flat Rate in Canada.
- Orders of $75 or more will ship for $16 Flat Rate in the US. (we are not accountable for any additional taxes or duties that customs may apply)
Free Delivery on Qualifying Orders (includes tracking and insurance)
- Orders of $150 or more will ship free in Canada.
- Orders of $200 or more will ship free in the US. (we are not accountable for any additional taxes or duties that customs may apply)
- Shipping overages of $1 or more (before taxes) will be automatically refunded when your order is fulfilled.
- This occurs mainly on smaller orders that we can reduce the standard package size on.
Oversized Lettermail & Non-tracked International Shipping Options
We have removed all non-tracked options for the time being as we have recently have had some issues with packages going missing in the mail. We apologize as we realize that these options offer a more economical rate to receive your order.
As a small business, we can't afford to replace your order if it goes missing, as such, we will only be offering tracked shipping services that offer liability coverage going forward. This protects both our customers and our business.
Thank you for understanding!
Missing Your Package?
Shipping and logistics have been heavily impacted by COVID-19 and Canada Post has suspended its delivery standards.
How does this affect you? Most packages are still arriving in good time and as we are only shipping with tracking services, most of the time you can see exactly where your package is (although sometimes scans can be missed).
"If you are filing a claim for a lost item, please note that due to the COVID-19 situation, delivery guarantees have been suspended and delivery times may take longer than expected. Please allow more time for your item to arrive before opening a Service Ticket online or contacting our call centre agents. Customers should continue to track their parcels on our website or our mobile app for the latest information. We thank you for your patience and understanding."
If you require help to find your package or contact Canada Post, contact us and we will help in any way we can.